The Martin YB-10 (Model 139) was an improved version of the XB-10. The major change was the addition of canopies enclosing the pilots and rear gunner's compartments. In 1933 the Army Air Corps made its initial order for 48 basic Martin airframes in four different types, including 14 YB-10s. The difference between the two was the type of engine installed.
Martin also built the YB-10 for export. Various versions of the Model 139 were sold to Argentina, China, Netherlands, Soviet Union, Siam and Turkey. The B-10 on display in the museum's Early Years Gallery is an export version donated by the Government of Argentina and is the only remaining B-10 left in the world.
Martin Model 139
TECHNICAL NOTES: Armament: Three .30-caliber Browning machine guns and 2,260 lbs. of bombs Engines: Two Wright R-1820-25 radials of 675 hp each Maximum speed: 207 mph at 4500 ft. Cruising speed: 179 mph Range: 525 miles with full armament load Service ceiling: 21,800 ft. Span: 70 ft, 6 in. Length: 44 ft. 8 in. Height: 11 ft. Weight: 14,192 lbs. gross Crew: Four
Serial numbers: 33-140 to 33-153