Boeing B-50D, probably a weather, trainer or transport conversion. This photo was taken after 1957 since the tail number starts with 0. Note the unusual paint scheme (like a weather aircraft) and the upside down installation of the nose glass. (U.S. Air Force photo)
The B-50D was an improved version of the B-50B. Changes included the addition of two 700-gallon fuel tanks mounted on outboard wing pylons, and a redesigned nose compartment "greenhouse" with an improved bomb sight window. Most of the D models were fitted with in-flight refueling receptacles also.
The USAF received 222 D models with the first being delivered in the summer of 1949. B-50s served with the Strategic Air Command as medium bombers between 1949 and 1954 when they were replaced by jet-propelled B-47s. Many were modified for other roles such as weather reconnaissance, crew training, photo-mapping and aerial refueling. In these support roles, some B-50s remained in service until the late 1960s.
TECHNICAL NOTES: Armament: 13 .50-cal. machine guns and 28,000 lbs. of bombs; the drop tank pylons were capable of carrying one 4,000-lb. bomb each Engines: Four Pratt & Whitney R-4360-35 Wasp Major turbosupercharged radials of 3,500 hp each Maximum speed: 380 mph at 25,000 ft. and combat weight of 123,000 lbs. Cruising speed: 277 mph Range: 4,900 miles with 10,000-lb. bomb load; 7,750 miles maximum ferry range Service ceiling: 36,700 ft. Span: 141 ft. 3 in. Length: 99 ft. 0 in. Height: 32 ft. 8 in. Weight: 173,000 lbs. (maximum takeoff weight) Crew: Eight or nine normally [pilot, copilot, flight engineer, bombardier, radio operator, and four gunners (top, tail, left and right)] Serial numbers: 47-163 to 47-170; 48-046 to 48-127; 49-260 to 49-391