The museum’s Education Division hosts Family Days one Saturday a month (excluding December). These programs are designed for children and adults of all ages and offers several hands-on opportunities for all to enjoy. Aerospace demonstration stations are located throughout the museum's galleries to teach fun aerospace principles. Each month features a new theme; such themes include engineering, meteorology, gravity, and space.
Some materials for educational programs are provided by the Air Force Museum
Foundation, Inc. (Federal endorsement is not implied).
June 15, 2019, 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Celebrate the beginning of summer by learning about the science behind sports activities. (Additional details coming soon)
Family Day: 50th Anniversary of Moon Landing
July 20, 2019, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Help us commemorate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 - the first time humans set foot on the moon. (Additional details coming soon)
Activities will include:
- Model rocket building and launching (weather permitting)
- Model and High Power rocket demo
- An Apollo 11 virtual reality experience using Google Expeditions
- Presentations including one titled “The Apollo Mission – Little
- Space-related artifacts on display from the museum’s collection
- Space Trivia
- STEM demos and much more
Other Apollo 11 related activities include:
- Beginning May 25, the film “Apollo 11: First Steps 2D” will be showing in the Air Force Museum Theatre.
- Space Suit exhibit opening in the Space Gallery in Building 4 on May 31,2019.
- In addition, the Hollywood Film Series movie on Sunday, July 28 will be “First Man”.
Click here for information about the films.
August 17, 2019 – National Aviation Day
Commemorate National Aviation Day by learning about the history and technology of aerospace.
September 28, 2019 – Fall with Gravity
Celebrate the fall while learning how we can overcome and cope with the force that causes falling!
October 26, 2019 – Spooktacular Aerospace Fun
Learn fun science principles through Halloween-themed activities! Come in your favorite costume!
November 16, 2019 – Exploring Engineering
Learn about engineering through fun demonstrations and hands-on activities.