In accordance with the updated guidance released by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DoD) and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force will require all visitors to wear face masks indoors effective July 30, 2021 until further notice.
Visitors ages three and up will be required to wear masks while indoors at the museum. This policy applies to all visitors, staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. Visitors may wear their own masks or a free paper mask will be provided. Cloth masks will also be available for purchase in the Museum Store.
Additional information available here.
Please note Springfield Street, the road that leads to the museum’s entrance, is undergoing construction through the beginning of September. Expect lane reductions and some delays. Please follow the signs and instructions provided by the road crews.
For more information about the Education Division, please call (937) 255-8048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information and reservations at the digital 3D theatre or flight simulators, please call (937) 751-1577 or visit the Air Force Museum Foundation website.
Sack lunches are not permitted inside the museum. An outside picnic area is available, weather permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis.
If eating in the cafe, groups may choose to use the cafeteria or pre-arrange for box lunches. Food or drinks purchased in the cafe must be consumed in the dining area only. To arrange box lunches, please contact the cafe at (937) 751-1557 or visit the Air Force Museum Foundation website. If a member of your student or youth group needs food or beverage accommodation, please contact the café in advance.
IN ALL CASES, TEACHERS AND CHAPERONES ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR GROUPS. THE LEAD TEACHER MUST READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Students under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- One adult for every 10 school-aged visitors is required. Please have young people divided into these groups prior to your arrival.
- No touching, climbing on, or entering aircraft or other exhibits is permitted, unless otherwise stated.
- For safety reasons, no running is permitted.
- No loud, abusive, or disruptive behavior is permitted.
- Do not go beyond roped-off areas.
- Food and drink purchased in the cafe must be consumed in the cafe. No other food or beverages are permitted inside the museum. Visitors may carry a clear sealed water bottle (up to 20 oz) while touring the museum.
- Picnic shelters are available outside on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Purchases made in the gift shop should remain in the gift shop bag. Please keep receipts with these items.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum.
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located at:
1100 Spaatz Street
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(near Dayton, Ohio)