Reservations are required
Groups may visit on their own without a museum-sponsored educational program; however, it is recommended have a designated date and time for your visit. Please complete a registration form.
Upon arrival, the group also must register at the Lobby Information Desk. Each adult leader will receive a list of instructions. Students age 18 and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. A ratio of one adult for every 10 students is required. A ratio of no more than eight students per adult is highly recommended for groups visiting without a guided tour. In all cases, group leaders and chaperones are held responsible for the conduct of their groups.
In accordance with the updated guidance released by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Defense (DoD) and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force will require all visitors to wear face masks indoors effective July 30, 2021 until further notice.
Visitors ages three and up will be required to wear masks while indoors at the museum. This policy applies to all visitors, staff and volunteers regardless of vaccination status. Visitors may wear their own masks or a free paper mask will be provided. Cloth masks will also be available for purchase in the Museum Store.
Additional information available here.
Please note Springfield Street, the road that leads to the museum’s entrance, is undergoing construction through the beginning of September. Expect lane reductions and some delays. Please follow the signs and instructions provided by the road crews.
IN ALL CASES, TEACHERS AND CHAPERONES ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR GROUPS. THE LEAD TEACHER MUST READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Students under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- One adult for every 10 school-aged visitors is required. Please have young people divided into these groups prior to your arrival.
- No touching, climbing on, or entering aircraft or other exhibits is permitted, unless otherwise stated.
- For safety reasons, no running is permitted.
- No loud, abusive, or disruptive behavior is permitted.
- Do not go beyond roped-off areas.
- Food and drink purchased in the cafe must be consumed in the cafe. No other food or beverages are permitted inside the museum. Visitors may carry a clear sealed water bottle (up to 20 oz) while touring the museum.
- Picnic shelters are available outside on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Purchases made in the gift shop should remain in the gift shop bag. Please keep receipts with these items.
- Smoking is not permitted in the museum.
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located at:
1100 Spaatz Street
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(near Dayton, Ohio)