Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
This image depicts the meager accommodations afforded the 147th Aero Squadron while serving in the Toul sector on the Western Front. This tent was home to the squadron’s Operations Office in May-June 1918. At the time, the pilots of the 147th were fresh from training at Issoudun and had just received their first French-built Nieuport 28 airplanes. The squadron flew its first mission over the line on May 31, 1918. (U.S. Air Force photo)
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.