Beech C-45H Expeditor By Note: This aircraft has been placed on loan to the Museum of Aviation at Robins AFB Georgia(Sept.2021). The C-45 was the World War II military version of the popular Beechcraft Model 18 commercial light transport. Beech built a total of 4,526 of these aircraft for the Army Air Forces between 1939 and 1945 in four versions, the AT-7 Navigator navigation trainer, the AT-11 Kansan bombing-gunnery trainer, the C-45 Expeditor utility transport and the F-2 for aerial photography and mapping. The AT-7 and AT-11 versions were well-known to WWII navigators and bombardiers, for most of these men received their training in these aircraft. Thousands of AAF pilot cadets also were given advanced training in twin-engine Beech airplanes. During the early 1950s, Beech completely rebuilt 900 C-45s for the Air Force. They received new serial numbers and were designated C-45Gs and C-45Hs, remaining in service until 1963 for administrative and light cargo duties. The aircraft on display is one of 432 rebuilt as C-45Hs. It was transferred to the museum from the Federal Reformatory at Chillicothe, Ohio, in 1966. SPECIFICATIONS: Span: 47 ft. 8 in. Length: 34 ft. 2 in. Height: 9 ft. 2 in. Weight: 9,300 lbs. maximum Armament: None Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney R-985s of 450 hp each Cost: $57,838 Serial Number: 52-10893 PERFORMANCE: Maximum speed: 219 mph Cruising speed: 150 mph Range: 1,140 miles Service ceiling: 18,200 ft. Click here to return to the Featured Accessions index.