Published June 09, 2015
Master Sgt. Carl T. Hale, one of the first enlisted men assigned to the Aviation Section of the Army Signal Corps, was assigned to the Wright section first at College Park, Md., and later at Texas City, Texas. This series of photos depicts early flying activities at Texas City. Hale retired in 1938 after more than 30 years of service in Army aviation. (U.S. Air Force photo)
Please note Springfield Street, the road that leads to the museum’s entrance, is undergoing construction through the beginning of September. Expect lane reductions and some delays. Please follow the signs and instructions provided by the road crews.
Additional information about our COVID precautions available here
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located at:
1100 Spaatz Street
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(near Dayton, Ohio)