Published May 04, 2015
DAYTON, Ohio -- K-24 camera in the World War II Gallery at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. (U.S. Air Force photo)
Note: This item has temporarily been removed from display.
The K-24 camera, developed in 1942, is a modification of the British F-24 camera. The K-24 camera is 10 pounds lighter than its British counterpart. More than 9,000 K-24 cameras were made for use in tactical reconnaissance aircraft in World War II, including the Supermarine Spitfire, the North American F-6 (modified P-51), and the Canadian-built De Havilland F-8 (modified Mosquito). The K-24 camera had two basic functions: night aerial reconnaissance and orientation, or verifying a bomber's position over a target when a bomb is released.
This camera was manufactured by Eastman Kodak Co.
Click here to return to the World War II Gallery.
Please note Springfield Street, the road that leads to the museum’s entrance, is undergoing construction through the beginning of September. Expect lane reductions and some delays. Please follow the signs and instructions provided by the road crews.
Additional information about our COVID precautions available here
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located at:
1100 Spaatz Street
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(near Dayton, Ohio)