Macready's Presentation Saber When Capt. Macready resigned from the U.S. Army Air Service, the flying section's test pilots in the Engineering Division at McCook Field presented him with this ceremonial saber on April 17, 1926. Adorned with the Air Service crest on the scabbard and rubies for the eagle's eyes in the handle, this saber was produced by the Pettibone Brothers Manufacturing Co. of Cincinnati, Ohio. Sally Macready Wallace, Macready's daughter, donated it to the museum in 2003. Click here to return to the Early Years Gallery.