1941 Ercoupe 415-C Note: This aircraft was offered for exchange as part of NMUSAF Solicitation 19-001 (Closed). 1941 Ercoupe 415-C (S/N 86) aircraft project, owned by the National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF) and determined excess to collection needs. Aircraft has a Continental engine and is not airworthy or suitable for flight purposes. No maintenance log books are available for the aircraft. The low-wing monoplane Ercoupe was first manufactured by the Engineering and Research Corporation (or ERCO) shortly before World War II. It was designed to be the safest fixed-wing aircraft that aerospace engineering could provide at the time. The first experimental model was test flown in 1937, and construction of the production prototype was completed in 1939. Click here to return to the Current Exchange Offerings index.