Published June 08, 2015
This squadron began at Kelly Field, Texas, during the summer of 1917 and was officially organized and designated on Nov. 10, 1917. According to the donor, this 147th Aero Squadron aircraft insigne was removed from the Nieuport 28 aircraft flown by the donor over the Front during the Chateau-Thierry Campaign. "Eleanor" was the name of the donor's wife. (U.S. Air Force photo)
Please note Springfield Street, the road that leads to the museum’s entrance, is undergoing construction through the beginning of September. Expect lane reductions and some delays. Please follow the signs and instructions provided by the road crews.
Additional information about our COVID precautions available here
The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force is located at:
1100 Spaatz Street
Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433
(near Dayton, Ohio)